Tooth-Colored Fillings – Issaquah, WA
Addressing Tooth Decay with Natural-Looking Material
Back then, repairing dental decay or a cavity would typically require shiny, noticeable metal fillings. Although this amalgam material was reliable and effective at repairing pearly whites, they often come with certain downsides—one of which is that others will notice you’ve had work done. However, our team wants to ensure that you can make the best first impression by treating decay or cavities with tooth-colored fillings in Issaquah! This treatment can help restore your smile while also ensuring that you can enjoy showing off your grin. Read on to learn more or give us a call to schedule your consultation.
Why Choose First Impressions for Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Dental Materials That Match Natural Teeth
- Mercury-Free Dental Fillings
- Offers Alternative Financing for Affordable Care
What Are Tooth-Colored Fillings?
Instead of using old-fashioned metal amalgam material, our team will utilize tooth-colored composite resin to fix teeth that have been affected by decay or cavities. This option not only blends seamlessly with the rest of your smile, but it’s also much safer and more effective for your smile in the long run. Since the resin is biocompatible, it can bone directly with your teeth, allowing you to keep more of your natural enamel. Once you’ve undergone the treatment, others won’t even be able to notice that you’ve had work done on your smile.
The Process of Getting a Tooth-Colored Filling
Tooth-colored fillings are typically able to be placed in just one dental visit. The first part of the process involves Dr. Sherman numbing the area he’ll be working on with a local anesthetic (if necessary) so that you’re completely pain-free throughout the procedure. He’ll then extract any of the decayed or damaged portions of your tooth before choosing the right color of composite resin for your smile. The material will be sculpted until it fits the perfect shape and size. Then, Dr. Sherman will make any necessary final adjustments before polishing your new and improved tooth!
The Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
With tooth-colored fillings, you can be sure to appreciate a wide range of advantages to your smile, including:
- Tooth Structure Preservation: Metal fillings often involve removing some of the tooth enamel to make space. Since composite resin is biocompatible, much less of your natural tooth structure will need to be altered.
- Mercury-Free Solution: Metal amalgam fillings sometimes consist of traces of mercury, which is toxic to humans. Though not considered life-threatening or severe, most patients will still prefer a completely non-hazardous option.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Tooth-colored fillings will match your natural smile, so you can feel free to show off your pearly whites without people noticing.
- Long-Lasting Treatment: With proper care, you can expect your fillings to last a decade or more before needing replacements.