An important Message to Our Valued Patients
First Impressions Dental Care is open!
Our Community has been through a lot during this pandemic, and all of us are looking forward to a sense of normalcy. While many things have changed, one thing remains the same: our commitment to the safety and care of our valued patients.
We have taken many precautions in our office to keep our staff and our patients safe. We have continued our infection control process as a top priority. You will notice some changes when you come into the office to exceed the recommendations set by the CDC and the ADA. Some examples are:
- Patients are asked to wait in their car and text message us when they arrive. We will respond asking you to come in when it is time to for your visit to start.
- We ask that you come to your visit alone to reduce the number of people in the office. We will make exceptions for young children or those needing assistance.
- We will take the temperature of all people entering the building, including delivery drivers and employees. A temperature over 100.4 will be considered high risk and we will help you reschedule your appointment from your car.
- We have removed magazines, coffee bar and children’s toys from our now closed waiting room.
- We will ask all patient to wash their hands with antibacterial soap prior to starting your visit.
- We will provide you with a pre procedure mouth rinse, we will ask you to swish for 60 seconds prior to your visit.
- We have installed plexi glass dividers at all front desk area’s and in Dr. Sherman’s consultation rooms.
- We have installed individual air filters in each treatment room. Each hygienist has two rooms so one will sit empty with the air filtration active for 1 hour between patients.
- All employees will have proper PPE, levels depending on procedure.
- Every surface in our office, including desks, counters and door handles are thoroughly sanitized multiple times throughout the day. Each treatment room, as always is completely sanitized with medical grade sanitizer between every patient.
- We will continue to accept payment over the phone or via email link, in order to reduce unnecessary contact as well as reduce the amount of time that you need to spend in the office.